Room Name The Restaurant
Venue The Old Swan Brewery Restaurant, Perth, WA
Trouble Brewing at The Brewery
It has been brought to Reception Search’s attention that The Old Swan Brewery does not have the correct license to market the al fresco area adjacent to the restaurant as a reception venue able to hold a cocktail function as it is located within a residential area. Also, we have been informed that this venue has been recently fined for operating outside the terms of their ‘restaurant’ license.
Function Room Details
Can include dance floor
Can include stage
Wedding Packages Include:
- We are told that they:
- Can do sit down functions to 140 within the restaurant.
- CAN NOT serve alcohol outside
- CAN NOT do Cocktail function to 250 outside on the terrace
- All attendees MAY NOT leave via the terrace
- Attendees MAY NOT use the back terrace as a toilet
- Attendees MUST smoke in adjacent car park and not on terrace
- Attendees MUST not engage in violence on the terrace area
- Attendees MUST not partake in the taking of drugs on the terrace area
- Beware: We have been told that anyone is able to use the grassed location outside the restaurant to host a wedding ceremony as it is a public space so you could have a line up of brides waiting to use that public area.
- BEWARE: We have also been told that Microphones are not able to be used in this location without an additional license.
The Old Swan Brewery Restaurant
If you have been informed that you can have people outside for a cocktail function you may want to double check that they have the relevant licence to do so especially if this booking is in 2012.
Any bride would be mortified to think that her wedding day had caused untold stress others. Afterall it is just not the spirit of the day.
This site has been told that The Old Swan Brewery restaurant has been booking several weddings a week and subjecting The Brewery residents to on-going stress each night. It has been verified by this site that residents many elderly are at their wits end.
This site has been happy to promote the Old Swan Brewery for many years, but given the information at hand which has been verified prior to publishing, these issues indicate that there is trouble Brewing at The Brewery.
That being said, there could be a risk to any bride considering The Old Swan Brewery for a cocktail style function due to its current management, recent fines and lack of a relevant function license.
The danger would be that this venue continues to operate outside its license and then gets suddently shut-down prior to your wedding day.
What would happen to your money and what would become of your special day?